I founded Banse Law in 2017, leveraging my experience in senior advising, negotiation, and dispute resolution to provide exceptional legal advisory services to private organizations in the professional, nonprofit, and technology sectors.
As a seasoned legal advisor with a background in both business and law, I have spent the last 12+ years structuring and negotiating complex deals and transactions, resolving hundreds of disputes in and out of the courtroom, and advising high-ranking officials and lawmakers on sensitive matters involving technology and privacy.
My legal career began in public service, where I started as a prosecutor and retired as a Captain in the U.S. Army. My leadership roles included Special Victims’ Counsel for the National Guard Bureau, Office of the Chief Counsel in Washington, D.C., Assistant Attorney General, Wisconsin Department of Justice, and Judge Advocate for The U.S. Army’s JAG Corps. and the Wisconsin National Guard.
During that time, I argued before the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals and won trials at both the state and federal levels. I was also selected as one of seven leaders to establish and manage a national legal assistance program for the National Guard Bureau, served as a key contributor to the 2012 edition of the Wisconsin Public Records Law Compliance Guide, and successfully advocated for changes to the Wisconsin Uniform Code of Military Justice that enhanced protections for military sexual trauma survivors and increase penalties for offenders.
In addition, I have delivered over 75 thought-provoking keynotes, main stage presentations, and trainings on topics such as ethics, risk management, and emerging practice areas. My expertise has also been featured in various media outlets, including the Lawyerist Podcast, Wisconsin Lawyer Magazine, Wisconsin Law Journal, Lady Business Pod, and Authentic Business Adventures.
I earned my Bachelor of Business Administration, magna cum laude, from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Sheldon B. Lubar College of Business, and my Doctor of Law from the University of Wisconsin Law School, where I served on the Wisconsin Law Review and Moot Court Board. I am licensed to practice law in New York and Wisconsin and am a member of the National Hispanic Bar Association.
Legal considerations are an inevitable aspect of any business decision, irrespective of the industry, age, or stage of operation. Access to skilled legal counsel is critical to initial success and long-term sustainability. Nevertheless, the cost of hiring in-house counsel may be out of reach for many startups and smaller organizations.
My fractional general counsel services provide businesses with the expertise of an experienced attorney already familiar with their operations without the expense of retaining in-house counsel. I understand the role of legal counsel in businesses and am committed to keeping legal costs down while delivering value to the bottom line. With my guidance and support, you can rest assured that your organization is well-protected and better equipped to handle legal issues as they arise.
I offer customized services that cater to your organization’s unique needs and budget in the following areas:
- Corporate Agreements & Contracts: From licensing agreements and financing to service contracts, I draft and advise on various corporate agreements, ensuring that organizational contracts are properly executed, and interests are protected.
- Labor & Employment: I provide guidance on labor laws and regulations, help develop employee policies and handbooks, offer training on employment law compliance, and advise on hiring, termination, and benefits.
- Regulatory Compliance: I help organizations navigate complex regulatory frameworks and ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations, such as data privacy, healthcare, and consumer protection.
- Commercial Real Estate Transactions: Whether buying, selling, or leasing commercial real estate, I provide legal guidance and support throughout the transaction process, including negotiations, drafting contracts, and closing the deal.
- Risk Management & Dispute Resolution: As a skilled negotiator and problem-solver, I can help your organization navigate potential risks and conflicts and work to resolve disputes efficiently and diplomatically while protecting your organization’s interests.
- Litigation Management: As a former litigator, I am well-equipped to assist your organization with potential lawsuits, including developing an effective strategy, selecting and overseeing outside counsel, and managing the process to achieve the best possible outcome.
In addition, I also offer overflow counsel services to law firms and legal departments. Whether your firm faces an increased workload or your in-house counsel is unavailable, you can rely on me to provide senior-level and value-added support on demand. I integrate seamlessly with your team to handle special projects, such as drafting pleadings, overseeing investigations, and conducting due diligence. My customizable services ensure that you receive the support you need when you need it.
Testimonials & Reviews
Interested in finding out more?
Before sending me an email, I want to make sure you understand a few things:
- Submitting this form with private, confidential, or privileged information does not create an attorney-client relationship with me.
- Before I agree to work with you, I need to confirm that there is no conflict of interest in working together.
- I cannot guarantee the privacy and confidentiality of any information you send me via this form.
- By submitting this form, you confirm that you have read and understood this disclaimer.